Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fast-Mapping in San Mateo County, Calif.

I'll start work with the GIS Lead in San Mateo County, California, in a few weeks.  SMC already has a public-facing ArcGIS Server.  With map services in place, it was easy for me to start publishing web maps from the SMC server while I'm still sitting in Philadelphia. I added some of the county's existing geospatial data to a map here in my blog, using map publishing tools at ArcGIS.com.  The map bwlow shows something called the "SB375 Corridor".  I'm not sure yet what that is, but I'll find out soon enough.


This took me ten minutes to put together, including blog text and posting, and going back to switch map layers. (From housing to transportation. You can click "Larger Map" and turn layers on and off, change the basemap, and add others layers you might search and find.)






View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment